Director of Nursing
Director of Nursing
At Community First Solutions, we offer something special for individuals who are still motivated by the care and compassion that drove you to pursue a nursing career, and have a desire to be part of a high quality culture and a fun and supportive team.
We offer a rewarding benefits package that includes:
- Competitive Insurance coverages that include a zero co-pay medical plan
- Zero co-pay on certain routine prescription medications
- Employee education funds that advance career development
- Health Insurance - medical and prescription coverage
- Dental & Vision
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- 401(k)retirement savings plan with a generous employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
Our culture embraces innovation, supports professional development and fosters collaboration and connectivity between teams. We take our jobs very seriously, but we also know that it’s important to laugh and have fun at work.
What You Bring to Us
The Director of Nursing assumes authority, responsibility, and accountability for the delivery of nursing services in the facility. In collaboration with the facility Administration, allocates department resources in an efficient and economic manner to enable each resident to maintain the highest practical physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Directing, planning and coordinating the activities concerned with the provision of health for the residents residing at Berkeley Retirement Community.
- Responsible for ensuring our residents, clients, and family members receive responsive, compassionate, and customer-oriented care and service. Proactively works to resolve client satisfaction issues and escalates areas of concern appropriately.
- Responsible for supervision of nursing staff including but not limited to RNs, LPNs, MDS Nurses, STNAs, Resident Assistants, Caregivers, Schedulers, and Unit Clerks. Coordinates the scheduling of staff to maintain the standards outlined by administration and appropriate licensing agencies.
- Responsible for the selection, hiring, training, engagement, and development of nursing staff.
- Responsible for maintaining Nursing Services and the allocated budget in accordance with accepted standards of geriatric nursing levels. Participates in annual nursing budget process, and responsible for ensuring budgets are met during the fiscal year.
- Maintains records and reports required in Nursing Services related to activities as defined by administration and/or governing agencies.
- Defines and interprets policies established by administration. Ensures nursing staff are properly trained in nursing and company policies, procedures, and protocols. Writes or revises policies as necessary.
- Observes and/or audits nursing practices on a regular basis to ensure adherence to policies and observe areas for improvement.
- Communicates with Administrator, physicians, families, co-workers and other departments to promote and maintain harmonious working relationships.
- Attends all applicable retirement community staff meetings, Community First Solutions leadership meetings, as well as holds regular departmental meetings.
- All other duties as assigned and/or appropriate to the position.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Education: Graduate of accredited school of registered nursing, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Licenses or other required certifications: Holds current, unrestricted RN license to practice nursing in the State of Ohio.
Experience: Five years of nursing experience, including satisfactory experience as an instructor or supervisor. Previous experience in long term care or geriatrics preferred. Experience using ERM software such as Point Click Care, EPIC, or other charting software is strongly preferred.
Specialized knowledge, skills, or abilities: Knowledge of current federal and state laws and regulations that apply to the practice of nursing in a long-term care setting. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Has strong organizational and time management skills and ability to prioritize responsibilities. Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well excellent customer service skills are a must.