Featured in the Ohio Department of Education’s SuccessBound Stories
“Careers that Love You Back” is a poster campaign to promote elementary student awareness of careers in the aging services workforce sector. The demographics paint a picture of the importance of this project: Ohio is the sixth oldest state in the United States; and by 2040 the state is projected to have twice as many 85+ year olds than it does today. As this is occurring, the number of caregivers is expected to decline dramatically to ½ of what it is today.
The “Careers that Love You Back posters” will introduce students to careers in this important field as part of their career exploration and will promote awareness of the broad and rewarding careers available in the aging services field.
Each of the 21 posters listed below are available in digital form by clicking on the name of the poster. Posters are available in print through our online ordering site and sold only as a complete set of 21 posters. Individual posters are not available to order, but can be viewed in digital form for ease in the classroom or community presentation.
Get your set of 21 posters today customized with your logo
The Careers That Love You Back posters identify 21 career choices in the field of aging services. This project supplements existing intergenerational programs by fostering early awareness and interest in the field of aging services in K-6 grades, laying the foundation for later career readiness and training.
Each poster includes nine major parts:
- Name of career and/or department
- Summary paragraph
- Career quote
- How you can prepare?
- Are you a person who . . .
- Employment Outlook
- Salary range (includes the heat of the economic outlook for a career - Average, Above Average or Hot!)
- Schooling required
- Similar careers
The “Careers That Love You Back” posters have been made possible through the grant support of the LeadingAge Ohio Foundation and LeadingAge (Washington, D.C.). Additional information on careers in the aging services field is available in a Love & Company (Frederick, MD) produced video at www.leadingageohio.org.
Questions regarding the Careers that Love You Back Posters can be directed to Patrick Schwartz, Director of Strategic Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 614-545-9028.
- Manages workforce program development and strategies related to retention and recruitment
- Oversees LeadingAge Ohio’s secondary and post-secondary student membership, internship programs, and school partnerships
- Works with local and state agencies to advocate and direct policy and advocacy efforts related to enhancing elder care workforce initiatives
- Staff liaison to the Workforce Committee